New Year is a symbolism of hope for a fresh start and new beginnings. And every year, some of us would write a list of resolutions, hopes and dreams to accomplish for the next 12 months. Some resolutions we forget, some we keep for the rest of our lives. For 2014 and beyond, I hope to resolve and accomplish the following:
- Let go of the negativity, especially towards people I dislike. I know it’s none of my business of what others think about me, but I just wish some people have the decency to do it in private. But I’ve come to realized that negativity begets negativity, and the last thing I want to happen is become like them.
- Let go of worries, doubts and fears about the future. I am at that stage where I’m lost, confused and a little bit scared of the future. We all go through that, but self-doubt and worry won’t do us any good.
- Stop spending my blog savings. I will never again underestimate the earnings I get from blogging. This time, I’m going to save it all.
- Stop eating unhealthy food on a regular basis. McDonald’s once, twice, thrice or 24/7 a week is bad. Eat better.
- Learn how to cook. In relation to Item #4, I also need to learn how to cook. I honestly can’t wait to go home and learn from the best: my mom.
- Learn something new. I hope to make websites like Duolingo and CodeAcademy a routine for the next twelve months.
- Pursue a project. I already have something in mind and I just need to plan and execute it before the year ends.
- Make art every day/week. I need to write, sketch, paint and design more often.
- Read at least one book per month. I am not much of a bookworm, but I hope this monthly goal can change that.
- Travel locally and abroad, at least once. Ideally to a place I’ve never been before, like El Nido in Palawan! :)
- Keep trying. At everything. Learn from my own mistakes and try again.
- Be positive and always see the silver lining. I will push for positive thoughts in every challenging situation.
12 resolutions that I will pursue and work on for 2014. It’s quite a lot, and I know that I may not be able to fulfil all within the year, but the main and overall goal is to be a good and better person —in every aspect! :)
With less than 48 hours away, have you thought about your resolutions for 2014? I would really love to hear yours. And if you haven’t thought of anything yet, this New Year Generation might be able give you an idea.