Acne was a big, big problem of mine back in high school. I would get them all over the place: the nose, under the nose, on my cheeks, on my forehead, under my lip, and so forth. My acne problem was nothing but a huge embarrassment.
Cringe-worthy high school photos under the cut. Eww.
In high school, I only used products being offered by Pond’s Philippines. Mostly because their products were affordable and popular. Their products, in general, would work but they have comedogenic ingredients. So every now and then, these ingredients would block my pores and poof! Acne breakout! Yikes!
Sadly, I found this information a little too late. :(
I often use Pond’s Anti-Bacterial Scrub to wash my face. No toning, no moisturizer. Tsk, tsk.
When I was in my 4th year, I started using Pond’s Detox Cream because it was advertised to remove dark spots. The detox cream did work after some time, but with the occasional breakouts.
Ewww man. Eww. LOL.
4th Year High School vs. 4th Year College
Untidy brows, thin face, dark spots on both cheeks… *cringe* The photo on the left was taken during the summer after high school. I was already using the detox cream by then, so my skin was starting to look better and I was becoming more conscious with what I look like.
The Big Switch
The big switch happened sometime in college. I remember going to SM and carefully checking any beauty product that has the “non-comedogenic” label. And that’s how I discovered Celeteque.
Most of their products are non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic, fragrance-free and oil-free. And their products cost around PHP300-500. Too good to be true, but they did work. I’ve been 98% acne free for years now. The remaining 2% happens when I’m having my monthly period. Hehe.
The Gentle Exfoliating Facial Wash is supposed to be used every two days but I’m a wild child, so I use it every day. LOL I prefer it than the other facial wash because of the microbeads. I don’t recommend this for every day use because it will really dry up your skin.
To compensate for the dryness, of course, I slather my face with their moisturizer. My favorite is the Hydration Facial Moisturizer because of its clear texture. But lately, I’ve been forcing myself to try their other moisturizers for the added benefits such as SPF and anti-aging ingredients. Of course, I wish they’d release an SPF moisturizer that is also oil-free.
Currently, these products are only available in the Philippines… which sucks. So every time in Manila, I literally hoard their products in SM.
Other products I still have to try from Celeteque are the following: Multi-benefit BB Cream, Dark Spot Corrector, Eye Tuck Plus Dark Circles Lightener and Anti-Stretch Mark Cream (I’m curious if this product will work).
For the record, I am not compensated for writing this entry. I just really love and believe in their product. :) Though Celeteque wasn’t responsible for clearing up my dark spots (but they also have a dark spot corrector), they still gave me an acne-free lifestyle.