Living in the Philippines, we don’t get to experience the winter season. But if you’re lucky enough to fly out of the country and experience winter wonderland, I hope this fashion guide will be able to prepare you but still remain chic and stylish. Trust me, it’s better to be prepared than freeze yourself to death. Read More
I turned 26 over the weekend!
Not gonna lie but I wasn’t really in a joyous mood that day. I’ve been super hormonal since Wednesday, and every little thing would upset me. But Saturday was my day and I refused to let the sadness get me. So what did I do? I went to the salon and had my hair done.
Beautiful hair = instant confidence booster
By the way, I never wore those boots that day. I was just playing around with my outfit, wanting to see if it’ll “work” with my dress. Hehe.
What I wore that day was my trusty Converse sneakers.
I’ll be honest with you guys. The last time I had to do a presentation was back in college, like five years ago! So when I received an email invite from TomasinoWeb, the official online student publication and organization of the University of Santo Tomas, to do a talk about blogging, I was extremeeeeeely nervous! I’ve never done a talk about anything that isn’t graded before, and even if I’ve been blogging for 12 years now, I don’t feel like I was qualified to do it. Not to mention, my public speaking skills have been rusty! But because I’m a YES girl when it comes to opportunities, and it was an experience worth trying, I accepted the invitation. I figured if I’m going to suck at it, at least I would know as early as now and there would be no ~what ifs~ in the future. Lol, relationship lang? Read More
To sum it all up, this year was all about spontaneous adventures, new experiences and a bucket full of obstacles. It was a balance of the good and the bad, but I’m not gonna lie, there were instances that I felt like the bad outweighs the good. But through the help of my friends and JP, I was able to come through and survive all those hardships and challenges. :) Just in time, too, because who wants to be sad on their birthday month? Definitely not me!
- The motivation to do something creative every day — whether it’s watercolor painting, calligraphy, lettering, and so on. You can see my WIP and final output on Twitter and Instagram respectively.
- Opportunities, no matter how big or small they are. Opportunities are opportunities!
- The immense love of your family, friends and boyfriend and his family. Definitely priceless! <3
- To be invited to be a speaker in a blog conference. (!!!) It’s my first time to do a talk about blogging, and it’s an experience I’ll never forget. Thanks UST BlogCon for this opportunity. :)
- Having your boyfriend, take a nap on your lap, and telling you how much he missed you.
- Huge thanks to O.B. Montessori for all those calligraphy classes in the morning. Haha! Never thought they’ll come in handy one day.
- My blog readers who have always been supportive and encouraging. :)
- A brand new pair of Dr. Martens (rouge) that don’t hurt your feet! Thanks, dad!
- The acquisition of pretty things, such as post cards from the BGC Art Fair, Fujifilm X-M1 and Frankie Magazine 2015.
- Letting go of toxic people.
I’ve got a million more things to be thankful for, but these are the things I can think of right now. I’m incredibly grateful that things are finally falling into place, and that despite certain situations, I can finally say that I am genuinely happy. :)
Hope you’re all having a wonderful Monday. Have a great week ahead!
“The British Museum is a museum in London dedicated to human history and culture. Its permanent collection, numbering some 8 million works, is among the largest and most comprehensive in existence and originates from all continents, illustrating and documenting the story of human culture from its beginnings to the present.” — WikipediaRead More