minute two weeks of “fame” on Instagram has finally ended, and I think the experience deserves to be put into writing. If you’re looking for some tips on how to increase your follower count on Instagram, Google has the answers for you. I’m only writing the lessons I’ve learned from this experience.
Sometimes, all you need is a quick getaway with the people you love the most to get inspiration and motivation. My trip to Iloilo and Bacolod proved to be one of those trips. Immediately a day after returning, I found myself tweaking the layout and painting possible header logos to use.I t’s still the same layout, but completely removing the white background of the body HTML tag to make the content “pop” more.
To make the changes official, I even designed a branding board for my blog! A brand board, I feel so legit.
Hey loves! Have you heard about this free service called IFTTT? If not, IFTTT, which stands for “If This Then That”, is an online service that automates various functions to help you improve your digital life. They use conditional statements, called ‘recipes’ to trigger changes on other web services like Facebook and Instagram. A lot of bloggers use IFTTT because it helps them share content in various platforms minus the hassle.
Now, there are about 20 million ways (I’m just guessing, lol) to use IFTTT, but I’m only going to share three recipes that have worked for me.
Thankful Mondays, formerly known as The Monday Grace, is a regular blog segment to encourage gratitude and positivity, especially on the most hated day of the week.
Lately, I am thankful for the following:
- A weekend well spent with my boyfriend, JP, and his family in Iloilo.
- Going on a day trip to Bacolod and see the famous Ruins. The mansion, despite it being ruined, is a beautiful and well-made.
- Knowing that your future in-laws love you! Hehe! <3
- Two weeks ago, Instagram picked me to be part of their much covetedSuggested User List! YAAAS!
- Jessica Hische’s book, definitely a new favorite!
- I’m glad that apps like Kindle, iBook and Pocket exist because even if I want to, I can’t spend my money on buying the physical book anymore!
- K-Palette products. They’re a little pricey the the average drugstore makeup in the Philippines but I love them! <3
- Catching up with friends you haven’t spoke to in weeks/months.
- My boyfriend, who is turning 26 tomorrow!
- Pastel colors, forever and ever. Amen.
I can’t believe my weekend trip to Iloilo and Bacolod is almost over! There’s no dull moment with my boyfriend, especially when we haven’t seen each other after two months (we also stopped doing Facetime, just occasional selfies). I wish I could stay longer, but I’ve got to face reality and back to work! Wishing you all a great week ahead!
A couple of weeks ago, I tweeted a question about Evernote and Day One. Which one is better? I admitted that I was leaning on Day One because of the pretty user interface, but I needed to know if the app can handle my workflow. A blog reader then suggested I should write a comparison between the two and I thought that was a brilliant idea (Thanks, Danica!). A thousand words later, here I am with a comparison post!