A lot of people have been asking me how did I do this and to be honest, it’s really simple. The real key here is to get to know how your camera works and what are the effects each setting produce. So, for those who still have no idea how this photo became to be, here’s a brief tutorial. Enjoy! :)
- An LED flashlight
- A glass of water, or anything that can reflect the light (Optional)
- A DSLR (Sorry P&S users!)
- Prepare the materials and turn off the lights of your room.
- Get your camera and put it on Manual mode. Adjust the settings similar to the photo below:
Take note that the settings vary depending on your environment. I took this photo inside a dark room (lights off and all).
- Now, adjust the Shutter Speed to Bulb.
- Ask someone to take your flash light and twirl it several times around the glass.
- While he/she is twirling it, press the shutter-release button for at least three seconds.
- Check the results. What did you see? If your photo is similar to the one above, then you’ve got it! If not, try and try again.
Isn’t that easy peasy? ;) You can try different kinds of patterns or design with your lightpaint. Be creative and enjoy!
Much love! ♥