There are several ways to earn money through blogging but it will definitely take a lot of time and effort. I’m no expert but here are some tips for you to get started.
- If you want to attract advertisers, you need an identity or a strong online presence. So, I’m stating the obvious: Create a blog. Self-hosted or not? Blogspot, Tumblr, or Wordpress? Domain or no domain? It’s all up to you. :)
- Visit other blogs and leave a comment that makes sense. It’s a tedious job but it’s one sure way to attract visitors. Not to mention, it’s a way of receiving a free backlink.
- QUALITY CONTENT. This is the most important of all. Having quality content will make your readers come back for more. Strong readership is important if you want advertisers to notice you. Oh, and please ditch the reblog if you can.
- Plug your blog. Plug it endlessly but don’t make it look like it’s some sort of spam.
- What’s your niche? If you’re into fashion/photography, then focus on fashion/photography. I think it’s easier to focus on something in particular instead of talking about a lot of things on your blog (like what I’m doing).
- Network. I think in any industry, it helps if you’ve got a wide range of network. Word-of-mouth can definitely go a long way.
- NEVER BLOG FOR THE MONEY. Blogging is a way for people to express themselves. Your readers will know if you’re just doing it for the money.
- Sign-Up! Sign-Up! Sign-Up! Join sites that will allow you to earn money through sponsored entries, text-link ads or affiliate programs. Sign up for Nuffnang, for PassionfruitAds and many more. Again, it’s another tedious job but if you played your cards right, you’ll be earning money in no time!
Obviously, I didn’t tell you HOW to earn money from blogging. :P But that’s exactly the point! Blogging is not a money making machine, it is a way for you to express and share what you know.
P.S. This one is not blogging-related but if you’re a superb writer or talented graphic artist, you may want to join sites that will post freelance jobs such as oDesk or Freelancer.com. Good luck! :)