Life in a Nutshell #78
Sometimes, you just need to find a reason — any reason — to get out of bed and live again.
Lately, I find myself collecting back issues of Travel Now (formerly known as Travel) magazines. I also invested in a Midori Travel Journal, a refillable notebook for travelers who have a free spirit.
JP and I loves a good challenge. So we tried Mystery Manila's Chained Chamber and has successfully escaped the room in less than an hour. We make a pretty good team.
I’ve been reconnecting with my college friends. Last Saturday, we went to BF Aguirre for an impromptu cupcake (friendly) date at Larcy’s. I absolutely love their Valrhona Triple Chocolate! Yum!
It’s been a long time since I was able to catch the sunset at JP’s place. I kinda miss this. I miss him.
Taho date with my favorite boy on a Thursday morning.
Blonde hair, heart-shaped glasses, nautical top. Summer is here. Summer is forever.
Disclosure on the 24th. Not my kind of scene but I absolutely love their music. Who’s going?
Don’t you just love productive afternoons? Learning something new, writing your thoughts, and just having a “me” time.
Life In A Nutshell #77
Halfway through April and it feels like I haven’t done anything productive. Everything is at a standstill, constantly waiting for others to do their part. Waiting for the traffic light to go green, waiting for the government to do their job more effectively and efficiently, and waiting for that tremendous amount of heartache to heal on its own.
The highlights of my life since my last LIAN post are:
Travel around the PH. I went to El Nido with my boyfriend to celebrate our 5th year together. A few weeks later, we’ve decided to hit the road and spend the day in Tagaytay playing all sorts of games.
Mom and I also went to the province to settle some papers and visit my grandparents.
Gig Night. Now that I’m back, I can finally watch my boyfriend perform live. Going to gigs are not my thing by default, but I’m starting to enjoy it. Plus, I love seeing my boyfriend do his epic solos. He may not look like it, but he’s really talented in playing the guitar.
New Things. Cariza and I ate at Wildflour in Podium for the very first time. Ever since I got back, I’ve been trying to get out of my comfort zone and eat at restaurants I’ve never been before. Wildflour’s menu was, in my opinion, a little pricey but it was yummy. But next time, I’ll probably order bottled water. Read my full review on Looloo.com.
Second Chances. These past few weeks has been tough on me and I was on the verge of giving up. But nothing worth having comes easy, so I’m still here fighting for what I believe in. Now, my heart is slowly mending and I think things will be okay.
Life In A Nutshell #76
Hello my little mermaids, how are you? How’s the love month been treating you? I must say, mine’s been pretty swell. I know that I’ve been out of the loop lately but I don’t mind because it feels good to disconnect from the Internet and focus on other things I’ve been meaning to do.
Lately, I’ve been…
Reading. I’ve joined the bandwagon and started reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I’m still in the early chapters though, so there’s not much to say. And just in case you’re wondering, the last book I’ve read was Eleanor & Park.
Watching. New movies, National Geographic, and the like. I’m outdated with my US TV series though. I’ll probably try and catch up next month when I finally have a decent Internet connection.
Playing. I’ve recently installed PCSX on my Macbook Air. I wanted to continue my Chrono Cross game but execute that my copy of the memory card wasn’t updated, so I decided to play Final Fantasy 8 instead.
Working. I’ve got a list to complete but I’m 80% done with my blog backlogs, so expect new entries by March! :)
Thinking. I’ve been thinking about several passion projects I want to execute for 2014. It’s too early to say anything about these projects, but I hope I’ll be successful in fulfilling them (I probably need a order management workflow). Also thinking about things I want to buy online, like stuff from http://www.katydid.com.
Appreciating. I took an unannounced and indefinite blog hiatus but I’m incredibly thankful to everyone who still took the time to visit and read my blog. <3
The Monday Grace #08
The Monday Grace is a (weekly) segment/project here at The Style Mermaid. The aim of this project is to dissolve that sense of dread we often feel every Monday, and replace it with happier, kinder and grateful thoughts. :)
- Something personal. I’ve been waiting for this ‘thing’ to happen and when it finally did, I felt a little bit lost… and honestly, quite unprepared! A friend told me that it’s probably because I’m overwhelmed with what’s happening. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, no amount of planning can ever prepare you for the emotional shock.
- Things happen for a reason. It’s hard to explain this, so I’ll just use a personal experience as an example. Last year, I got hired for a job that I found out I didn’t like. After the first month, I asked myself, “Why am I here? There has to be a purpose or lesson here.” Then the Universe gave me the opportunity to join Big Blog Exchange. I requested for a month-leave because it’s Europe and all expense paid! You might as well take advantage of it while you’re there, right? They were kind enough to approve my request but in a different corporate setting? I’d probably get myself fired. And I figured, maybe that’s why I got this job in the first place. Whatever we’re going through now is just a stepping stone or leverage to help us achieve something better.
- It’s okay if you don’t know what you want to do with your life. Truth is, it doesn’t feel okay to realize that your life is still a mess at 23, 25 or even 30… especially when the people around you are successful and probably happily married. But deep in my heart, I know that I will one day know what I really want to do in life. And I know that I am not completely lost and I will get to that place when the time is right. We all do.
- The kindness of people will always surprise you. I am surrounded by good people. I don’t ask much from them but in the time of need, I’m utterly grateful for their kind heart. Their act of kindness may not be a big or grand thing, but it means the world to me. Always be kind.
- The effect of The Monday Grace. A number of people have told me how inspiring and powerful this project is and I’m glad. It warms my heart every time I hear such things, because that’s really the purpose of this project — to inspire. The Monday Grace is not merely a list of happy things, but an outlet to be thankful and to look forward to better and great things… most especially on a Monday, a day that we often perceived as negative and awful. So, thank you to those who joined the project and to those who left such kind words. <3
Singapore Tour 2013/14
Just a glimpse of the places, meals and things I’ve seen two weeks ago. As you may all know, my boyfriend’s family spent New Year here in Singapore and they invited me to join them tour the country… like it’s my first time. I’ll admit, the tour did felt like my first (and last since I plan to leave Singapore soon). My adventure with them was a ‘first’ of many things! I ate food I’ve never tasted before, joined an indoor sky diving/wind tunnel activity out of a whim, swim on the famous infinity pool of Marina Bay Sands, and so on. I even saw an exceptional chauvet double derby at musicians friend. I was so engrossed in living in the moment that I barely even used my DSLR or iPhone (hence the limited photos). Although I got sick the week after, it was a memorable way to end 2013 and start 2014. :)