22 posts tagged November 2010
Heterochromia is the difference in coloration of the iris and sometimes the hair or skin. It’s the result of melanin excessiveness or decificiency and it may be inherited or due to disease or injury.
I don’t think it’s a disorder but a condition. I’m fascinated with people with complete heterochromia because it means they have two eye color. Yuna, from Final Fantasy X and X-2, has a blue and green eye. :)
My eyes are my best assets, according to friends, and I’m thinking of buying a pair of contacts just to see what I look like with colored eyes.I’ve never wore contacts before, so somebody needs to teach me how!
In Honor of Buy Nothing Day by Keri Smith
- Go to a library. Pick up some new books. here are a few reading lists to give you some ideas, the worsted witch, canada reads, 1001 books you should read before you die.
- Bake something using things you have in your cupboard. Or bake something you’ve never made before. check out Orangette for some great ideas, (i’ve enjoyed everything I’ve made of hers).
- Make a list of raw materials you have in your house, (things you could recycle or alter to create something new). Find some projects to make using things on your list. Resources: Make, Craft, Instructables, Readymade, Supernaturale, get crafty, make your own gifts out of recycled sweaters.
- Write a letter.
-to someone you care about
-to a politician (requesting change on a topic you care about)
-to a corporation
- Plan an expedition. Take a walk in nature. collect a variety of items you find on your travels. Use the items to a) make a mobile, or b) decorate your home.
- Create some guerilla art pieces & install them with friends. See some examples here.
- Install your very own Portable Xmas Tree, (completely free!) And while your at it, create some Instant Snow.
- Have a clothing (or stuff) swap party with friends. for directions see the Naked Lady Party.
- Donate to something you believe in. (or sign up to volunteer somewhere).
- Write about the best gifts you ever received.
Buy Nothing Day is celebrated on the Friday and after Thanksgiving in North America and the following day internationally. In 2010, the dates are November 26 and 27 respectively.
Get a chance to win this awesome book entitled Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes by Keri Smith [watch this video]. This book is the predecessor of famous Wreck This Journal and This Is Not A Book. :)
Giveaway will end on Monday, 20th of December, 2010. The winner will be chosen via Random.org.
P.S., I’m still on the hunt of finding worthy prizes to give away, so continue visiting my blog for more updates!
GIVEAWAY STATUS: CLOSED