Life in a Nutshell #78
Sometimes, you just need to find a reason — any reason — to get out of bed and live again.
Lately, I find myself collecting back issues of Travel Now (formerly known as Travel) magazines. I also invested in a Midori Travel Journal, a refillable notebook for travelers who have a free spirit.
JP and I loves a good challenge. So we tried Mystery Manila's Chained Chamber and has successfully escaped the room in less than an hour. We make a pretty good team.
I’ve been reconnecting with my college friends. Last Saturday, we went to BF Aguirre for an impromptu cupcake (friendly) date at Larcy’s. I absolutely love their Valrhona Triple Chocolate! Yum!
It’s been a long time since I was able to catch the sunset at JP’s place. I kinda miss this. I miss him.
Taho date with my favorite boy on a Thursday morning.
Blonde hair, heart-shaped glasses, nautical top. Summer is here. Summer is forever.
Disclosure on the 24th. Not my kind of scene but I absolutely love their music. Who’s going?
Don’t you just love productive afternoons? Learning something new, writing your thoughts, and just having a “me” time.
The Monday Grace
The Monday Grace is a (weekly) segment/project here on my blog, The Style Mermaid. The aim of this project is to immerse ourselves with happier, kinder and grateful thoughts; and to replace that sense of dread we often feel every Monday.
- To remain grateful no matter what. Admit it, it’s hard to be grateful when you’re having a bad day, facing a big problem and so on. So this is a reminder to me, to you and pretty much everyone else who thinks they’re having a bad life: be grateful no matter what.
- The opportunity to travel. I am so, so grateful that I was given the opportunity to travel to Europe again this year. My mom and I went to great lengths to fix our papers, something that was (and obviously) very crucial if we wanted the approval of the visa.
- Stay hopeful. There are days where you just want to give up. There are days where you know you deserve better, but you still chose to stick with the bullshit hoping that one day, things will get better.
- To love. I am thankful that I was given an opportunity to love and be loved. But if that person decides, one day, to stop loving me, then it’s okay. It will hurt but it’s okay, because at least I was given an opportunity to know and love him/her.
- Praying for guidance and wisdom. This is the advice of my boyfriend’s mom said when we had a quick chat the other day. I hope to find it in my heart to easily forgive and forget people and their stupid actions.
This week’s entry is a little heavy for me, but it feels good to write these things and just let go. The good news is that tomorrow’s a brand new day and another month. I wish you all well a great week ahead!
Life In A Nutshell #76
Hello my little mermaids, how are you? How’s the love month been treating you? I must say, mine’s been pretty swell. I know that I’ve been out of the loop lately but I don’t mind because it feels good to disconnect from the Internet and focus on other things I’ve been meaning to do.
Lately, I’ve been…
Reading. I’ve joined the bandwagon and started reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I’m still in the early chapters though, so there’s not much to say. And just in case you’re wondering, the last book I’ve read was Eleanor & Park.
Watching. New movies, National Geographic, and the like. I’m outdated with my US TV series though. I’ll probably try and catch up next month when I finally have a decent Internet connection.
Playing. I’ve recently installed PCSX on my Macbook Air. I wanted to continue my Chrono Cross game but execute that my copy of the memory card wasn’t updated, so I decided to play Final Fantasy 8 instead.
Working. I’ve got a list to complete but I’m 80% done with my blog backlogs, so expect new entries by March! :)
Thinking. I’ve been thinking about several passion projects I want to execute for 2014. It’s too early to say anything about these projects, but I hope I’ll be successful in fulfilling them (I probably need a order management workflow). Also thinking about things I want to buy online, like stuff from http://www.katydid.com.
Appreciating. I took an unannounced and indefinite blog hiatus but I’m incredibly thankful to everyone who still took the time to visit and read my blog. <3
The Monday Grace #08
The Monday Grace is a (weekly) segment/project here at The Style Mermaid. The aim of this project is to dissolve that sense of dread we often feel every Monday, and replace it with happier, kinder and grateful thoughts. :)
- Something personal. I’ve been waiting for this ‘thing’ to happen and when it finally did, I felt a little bit lost… and honestly, quite unprepared! A friend told me that it’s probably because I’m overwhelmed with what’s happening. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, no amount of planning can ever prepare you for the emotional shock.
- Things happen for a reason. It’s hard to explain this, so I’ll just use a personal experience as an example. Last year, I got hired for a job that I found out I didn’t like. After the first month, I asked myself, “Why am I here? There has to be a purpose or lesson here.” Then the Universe gave me the opportunity to join Big Blog Exchange. I requested for a month-leave because it’s Europe and all expense paid! You might as well take advantage of it while you’re there, right? They were kind enough to approve my request but in a different corporate setting? I’d probably get myself fired. And I figured, maybe that’s why I got this job in the first place. Whatever we’re going through now is just a stepping stone or leverage to help us achieve something better.
- It’s okay if you don’t know what you want to do with your life. Truth is, it doesn’t feel okay to realize that your life is still a mess at 23, 25 or even 30… especially when the people around you are successful and probably happily married. But deep in my heart, I know that I will one day know what I really want to do in life. And I know that I am not completely lost and I will get to that place when the time is right. We all do.
- The kindness of people will always surprise you. I am surrounded by good people. I don’t ask much from them but in the time of need, I’m utterly grateful for their kind heart. Their act of kindness may not be a big or grand thing, but it means the world to me. Always be kind.
- The effect of The Monday Grace. A number of people have told me how inspiring and powerful this project is and I’m glad. It warms my heart every time I hear such things, because that’s really the purpose of this project — to inspire. The Monday Grace is not merely a list of happy things, but an outlet to be thankful and to look forward to better and great things… most especially on a Monday, a day that we often perceived as negative and awful. So, thank you to those who joined the project and to those who left such kind words. <3
Year-Ender: Thirteen Moments in 2013
Somebody asked me last night if I’m going to do a Blog Review his year and I said no, because the biggest highlight of 2013 was the Big Blog Exchange and I felt I’m going to be redundant when I’m going to post a BBE recap next month. But today, I woke up thinking maybe I should share 13 moments that happened to me in 2013.
- Pursuing a Happiness Project.
- Learning the ropes of being an OFW, like how to get an OEC.
- Joining the Big Blog Exchange!
- Went to Boracay with my boyfriend on our 4th anniversary.
- To be chosen as one of the 16 bloggers to be part of the Big Blog Exchange! Best of all, I get to go to the United Kingdom!
- My UK Visa got approved a week before the trip! This was a huge thing for me because if ever I got denied, then no BBE adventure for me. And I really invested a lot on BBE, including tears!
- Rebuilding my makeup collection because I can no longer collect shoes and clothes. Haha! At least with makeup, I can just put them in the humongous train case my boyfriend gave me.
- I am not the type of person who’s into designer brands but I received a gorgeous watch from my dad. I wear it on special occasions. :3
- Embracing my natural curls, and a lot of people thought I got them permed. I also got highlights!
- The Monday Grace Project
- Spending Christmas alone.
- Experiencing new things, such as new food and Indoor Sky Diving.
- I can definitely say that I am happier now than I was last year.
How about you? What are your 13 Moments in 2013? :)