165 posts tagged Personal
The Monday Grace
The Monday Grace is a new weekly segment/project here at The Style Mermaid. The aim of this project is to dissolve that sense of dread I would feel every Monday, and replace it with happier thoughts.
- The feeling after I cleaned my room.
- Progress with my blog shop and more blog post ideas.
- Pretended to have pink hair and people thought it was real. ;)
- I’m counting the days. Two weeks ‘til this cutie. <3 FAST FORWARD PLEASE!
- P A Y D A Y. When you hate your job but can’t quit yet, this is the only thing that keeps you going.
- Ewan McGregor. I love that Scottish man to bits!
- Dad called last night. It was a pretty random phone call, to be honest. He’s asking me to go home for one weekend because he wants to talk to me. Mentally, I was like “did I do something wrong?” Then he also asked about my blog, which is really weird because we never talk about my blog… But he also said that he’s proud of me. :)
- Thinking about how effective The Monday Grace is. I was thinking this morning about the things I wanted to write for tonight’s post, and I just find myself happier all throughout the day.
The Monday Grace
The challenge is to be thankful everyday, especially on Mondays.
People go to Church every Sunday to give thanks but will transform into an ungrateful scumbag the very next day. This is the effect of Mondays.
To change that nasty outlook in life, I decided to write a list about 8 things and moments that I look forward to and/or made me smile, big or small, during the past week. It’s like a weekly gratitude post, only posted on the most hated day ever.
- Long baths. It cleanses the body and soul.
- Reaching a goal: 100 Movies in 2013.
- It’s been a while since I last ate Tapsilog and the one at Novena was so good. I miss authentic Filipino food (I want tuyo!)
- Sent my dad an SMS saying that I miss him and he replied, “Music to my ears.” I thought that was adorable.
- Asking my boyfriend to screen my playlist and he said, “Sarap pakinggan while coding.” Me: *kilig*
- Funny conversations: “I want a Khalessi costume.” “What are you talking about? She has naked scenes hahaha no need to wear anything”
- Boyfriend visiting me this October. <3
- Plans of going home for my birthday and be with family.
Note: I chose eight because it has a lot of symbolism and meanings. Eight is considered lucky in Chinese and other Asian cultures. The symbol is also associated to infinity or forever. Oh, and I just love that number. :)
Three Minute Makeup Challenge
Take two of my three minute makeup challenge. This time the video and audio quality is a wee bit better. The Nikon D90 is not recommended for videos. I also found a spot and a mirror to do videos, provided nobody is home cause that would be awkward lol.
Anyway, I hope you like it and if you’re planning to make your own version, please send me the link for I would love to watch it. xx
My boyfriend is in a band. He plays the guitar, and is really good at it. His favorite food is salmon and sinigang. I suggested that he should make me their manager and this is how our conversation went:
Make me the assistant band manager! Haha!
Or you can also make me your muse! <3
LOL How about just be my girl friend?
LOL HOW ABOUT I BE YER WIFE?
LOL How about you cook sinigang first?
Kisty (I can't cook OMG):