The Monday Grace #02
The Monday Grace is a new weekly segment/project here at The Style Mermaid. The aim of this project is to dissolve that sense of dread I would feel every Monday, and replace it with happier thoughts.
- The feeling after I cleaned my room.
- Progress with my blog shop and more blog post ideas.
- Pretended to have pink hair and people thought it was real. ;)
- I’m counting the days. Two weeks ‘til this cutie. <3 FAST FORWARD PLEASE!
- P A Y D A Y. When you hate your job but can’t quit yet, this is the only thing that keeps you going.
- Ewan McGregor. I love that Scottish man to bits!
- Dad called last night. It was a pretty random phone call, to be honest. He’s asking me to go home for one weekend because he wants to talk to me. Mentally, I was like “did I do something wrong?” Then he also asked about my blog, which is really weird because we never talk about my blog… But he also said that he’s proud of me. :)
- Thinking about how effective The Monday Grace is. I was thinking this morning about the things I wanted to write for tonight’s post, and I just find myself happier all throughout the day.
Little Miss Dress Up: Pastel Sorbet
As usual, I’m a little behind with my OASAP Fashion Hunter duties. A few weeks ago, they sent me a velvet skirt and this pretty lilac knitted sweater.
The shoulder part of the sweater is too big, but the length of the whole thing is too short for me. It’s like an oversized crop sweater… But whatever, confidence is all about attitude anyway. It’s not something you wear like a T-shirt or apply like a foundation or blush-on. It’s distinctive and charismatic quality that radiates.
When it comes to confidence, people can guide you; give you tips and tell you what to wear… but if you don’t “own” it, you’ll never shine. Confidence is about being comfortable with your own skin and embracing your own flaws. :)
What I Wore: Lilac knitted sweater from OASAP • Pastel envelope bag from Accessorize • Shoes from Shop Dainty
The Monday Grace #01
The challenge is to be thankful everyday, especially on Mondays.
People go to Church every Sunday to give thanks but will transform into an ungrateful scumbag the very next day. This is the effect of Mondays.
To change that nasty outlook in life, I decided to write a list about 8 things and moments that I look forward to and/or made me smile, big or small, during the past week. It’s like a weekly gratitude post, only posted on the most hated day ever.
- Long baths. It cleanses the body and soul.
- Reaching a goal: 100 Movies in 2013.
- It’s been a while since I last ate Tapsilog and the one at Novena was so good. I miss authentic Filipino food (I want tuyo!)
- Sent my dad an SMS saying that I miss him and he replied, “Music to my ears.” I thought that was adorable.
- Asking my boyfriend to screen my playlist and he said, “Sarap pakinggan while coding.” Me: *kilig*
- Funny conversations: “I want a Khalessi costume.” “What are you talking about? She has naked scenes hahaha no need to wear anything”
- Boyfriend visiting me this October. <3
- Plans of going home for my birthday and be with family.
Note: I chose eight because it has a lot of symbolism and meanings. Eight is considered lucky in Chinese and other Asian cultures. The symbol is also associated to infinity or forever. Oh, and I just love that number. :)
Who is A? No, really. Who is A?
If you’re following me (or unfollowed me, haha) on Twitter this weekend, you’ll know that I’ve been doing a Pretty Little Liars marathon. To be honest, this show is so stressful but I can’t quit it.
Thanks to Twitter, the element of surprise was no longer there and the revelation on who A is did not make any impact. Despite that, a lot of questions have been answered in the last episode.
Given _______’s background, it makes him/her a good candidate to be A but I doubt that he/she really is A. We all have our own theories, and this is mine. Don’t read if you don’t want any spoilers.
A Letter For My Significant Other
You make me high in love but you keep my feet on the ground. You infect me with your big dreams and curiosity about the world. I love that even after all these years being together and the distance that we are apart, you remain a classy gentleman and irrevocably faithful to me. I love that our arguments would often end when one of us smiles. And at times when I lost all hope and strength, when I lost my way, or when I express my fear for the worst, you were always there to bring me solace and reassurance. You unlock a stronger part of me when all of my efforts have been exhausted.
You don’t complete me, but rather, you complement me. And this is why I strongly believe that we are meant to be together.
Individually, we’re great.
Together, we’re even better.
You are my exception; and every fibre of my being knows this to be true. You are my human, my rock, and most of all, my best friend.
I love you since forever and in every universe that exist.