Asian Secrets Lulur Body Scrub Review
I’ve always been open in trying to whatever beauty product that piques my interest, be it a whitening product or not. I was never morena to begin with, so I thought to myself, “Does it matter if I use a whitening product? I doubt it’ll transform my skin to the extremes anyway!” When Unilab sent me a bag filled with Asian Secrets, a whitening body scrub brand, I had difficulty on what to write. In fact, it took me several months, way beyond the PR deadline, to write and finalize this post. If you want to know if this product I’m about to discuss will lighten your skin, let me go ahead and spoil you that this is not the blog post you’re looking for. Given my complexion, I don’t have substantial proof to claim that it can or did whiten my skin. I can only tell you what I love and hate, if there’s any, about Asian Secrets’ body scrub.
THE LULUR EXPERIENCE
Now that’s out of the bag, let’s do a little introduction. If you’re like me who isn’t so familiar with Asian Secrets, they’ve been in the market for quite a while now. They sell the concept of Lulur which means “to coat the skin” in Javanese and it is a 300-year-old beauty ritual experienced by brides-to-be, 40 days before their wedding day. Nowadays, you can easily have a taste of this luxurious pampering in many spas in Indonesia and in the Philippines, through Asian Secrets.
The Asian Secrets Lulur Body Scrub comes in three variants:
- Grean Tea has been used in many Asian countries for centuries because it is known to give beautiful complexion. The antioxidants it contains flush away the toxins from pollutants that cause skin disease and ageing. The Green Tea Lulur Scrub is recommended to anyone who would like to have a skin detox.
- Licorice has several skin care components that occur naturally in the plant. It has a component called Galbridin, which cause skin lightening and brightening. The Licorice with Mulberry Lulur Scrub has a double whitening effect to the skin. This scrub is also recommended to those who want to fight acne on their bodies as it is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
- Seaweed has been used extensively in Asian countries for over 600 years due to its nourishing, moisturising and detoxifying properties. Packed with vitamins, minerals and amino acids, the Seaweed Lulur Scrub is anti-aging and helps maintain a healthy youthful skin. It also contains fatty acids to combat skin irritation and inflammation.
HOW TO USE
To use the body scrub, apply a small amount of the cream-like scrub on your dry skin, massage it in circular motion and rinse with water. There were no specifications how long you should leave the scrub on your body, but five minutes might be ideal.
Aside from the body scrubs, they also have Bengkoang Soaps and Lulur Facial Scrub to complete the Lulur whitening regimen from head to toe. They also have a whitening spa located at the 5th floor of The Block, SM City North EDSA.
- The micro-beads in these Asian Secrets scrubs are very gentle on my skin, which makes the whole experience fun and pleasant. Some body scrubs feel like you’re rubbing salt on an open wound, torturing instead of giving a pampered experience.
- Since you need to use the scrub on dry skin (I think you can also use it on wet skin but it’s less effective?), I’m having a difficult time to add it in my regular beauty regimen. However, I don’t think this is a major problems if the products were used on targeted areas (underarms, elbows, knees, etc.)
- The cream texture is very thick and easy to apply all over my body. I swear, it’s so fun to use!
- I don’t know if these products are hypo-allergenic but I never experienced any breakouts or irritation during and after usage. Other blog reviews I’ve read regarding this product also said the same thing.
- It’s affordable and readily available in all leading supermarkets. In fact, a 250G jar only cost around PHP130.
- While I can’t completely prove the whitening effect, I think it did help even out my skin tone... even for a little bit!
If you’re looking for a body scrub without burning a hole in your pocket, you should totally give Asian Secrets a try. Whether or not you’re interested in whitening products, I highly recommend Asian Secrets to help you get rid of all that grime and dirt that normal body soaps can’t do.
OPEN FOR DISCUSSION
I’ve always been baffled by people who express their dislike to whitening products, more so if it was uttered by people who are actually born with fair or light skin. I could never understand what is so wrong with these products. If there’s anything or anyone to hate, it’s should be the media and the people who thought it’ll be cool to sell the idea that you have to be slim, to have long, straight hair, and fairer skin to be considered beautiful. But I would love to know your thoughts about this issue. :)
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post, however, I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.